OHSAS 18001 is an Occupation Health and Safety Assessment Series for health and safety management systems.Ohsas 18001 requires appropriate documentation and process for workplace safety. It is very essential to have such a document (or indeed set of documents) of the required quality and content with appropriate procedures, forms, policies etc.
OHSAS 18001 - What is it?
It is intended to: - Provide a structured approach to hazard identification and risk management. - Contribute to the provision of a healthier and safer working environment. - Reduce lost time through employee illness and injury. - Help an organization control occupational health and safety risks..
The key areas are addressed by OHSAS 18001
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- OHSAS management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement.